Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Only yesterday ** Daryn Worpel

I just read grandpa's poems. He and I go about our days keeping our deepest feelings to ourselves most of the time. Probably thinking that if we voice them it would be too unbearable. I just realized after reading what he wrote that we are both thinking about the same things. I too took her hand and closed my eyes and ran and jumped with her off the raft. I too look for her everywhere. But you take a closer look and then you know it's not her. She is just in my heart and in my mind. One year ago today. It's more than my mind can handle. It's been a year of a million different emotions and feelings. Mostly heartbreak for a grandma who loves. But I believe that love is stronger than death and I believe that Daryn can feel all our love . My mothers love is another heartbreak, wanting to comfort and ease Joe and Kims pain and also knowing that I can't. I must leave that up to the Holy Spirit, the Great Comforter. So today and everyday I pray to God to send the Holy Spirit to Joe, Kim Colin and Jolee,comfort them, hold them, let them feel your presence and love. They are all the bravest and most courageous children of God that I know. I honor them for all they have done this past year. Those who know them know of their faith in God and their goodness. Please join with me today to lift them up to God in prayer and bless them all the days of their lives.

Grandma S

1 comment:

Acorn said...

every word writen on this entrie blog is true, & means the world to mean. Daryn can feel our love. because i can feel hers. she knows, & sees everything we do for her. but we can't see everything she does for us....but i know, i know she does a lot for us. she loves us. today hurt an unbelievable amount. but, we'll see her again. and we have memories to last a life time.

~Acorn~ <3