Thursday, April 3, 2008

My GRANDAUGHTER,DARYN




Daryn is number three and one of my twelve grandchildren. Daryn fit into her place in the bunch of grandchildren like a piece of a puzzle. If you have ever put puzzles together then you know that when you are all done with it and a puzzle piece is missing then it's not right, it's not complete. My family is no longer complete. We never will be on this earth anyway. Daryn was a very huge piece of our family's puzzle. She loved so much and she was in turn loved by everyone so much.

Daryn was number three of our twelve beautiful grandkids. It wasn't long before I started to call the first three, Alec, Taiylor and Daryn "The Three Amigos" because they were such good friends as well as cousins. We have been blessed to all live so close to one another therefore being able to get together a lot of the time. Because of our cottage we were blessed to spend a lot of awesome times together with our kids. I thank God for that. I have so many memories of Daryn at the cottage either playing with her cousins or her mom and dad and her brother Colin and her sister Jolee. And me. Come on grandma, lets build a fire and have smores. Come on grandma lets swim across the lake! Lets jump off the raft, which she did more with her mom and dad than me! On July 4 of 05 Daryn caught the biggest Bass that any of us has ever caught in our lake. It was quite exciting for everyone. She caught it off our neighbors dock. Of course we had it mounted and it is on the wall at the cabin. So if you win the week at the Bitely Cabin you will see it. We have a very old log cabin and everytime that I go up there and go inside I think that I love the way it smells. A couple of years ago Daryn and I arrived early for the weekend and I was unlocking the door from the entryway into the cabin and Daryn said to me " I just love the way it smells here." I will never forget that moment as long as I live. Oh I have so many moments that I will never ever forget with her but that moment made me feel so close to her, something that we shared together. My arms ache with missing her, my heart is broken into pieces for our loss, for the worlds loss, for what would have been. I loved my little girl from the moment I saw her being born. And I will love her for eternity and I am waiting to see her again in heaven with our KING.

To everyone who has helped with the upcoming benefit for Daryn's scholarship fund I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. It has been such a labor of love. We don't want her forgotten and this will help to keep her name alive.

I also wanted to say that my son Joe and daughter in law Kim and Colin and Jolee are truly awesome people. They have a faith and a strength truly given to them from God. And it's not because they aren't suffering in agony daily because I know that they are. No it's because they truly believe that Daryn is with Jesus and she is safe forever and that they will see her again. So if you see them just let them know you care, let them know you'll not forget Daryn if you knew her and lift them up in prayer.

Well, grandma has said enough for now. I love all of my children and grandchildren. God Bless them all forever.

Grandma Sandy Worpel

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I added a picture for ya mom. Mindy

Acorn said...

thank you for adding the picture.
and for grandma, they are, and still are the 3 amigos.