Wednesday, April 2, 2008

For Daryn


I have been wanting to start some sort of a web page to honor the memory of my 10 year old niece, Daryn Renee' Worpel. So here it is. When you lose a family member part of the process, at least for me has been trying to keep her memory alive. There are many ways to do this. The Internet seems to be a good place to share her memory.
Daryn was a beautiful girl inside and out. She was polite and kind. She always gave me a hug to greet me. She loved Jesus and wasn't afraid to talk about it. When Daryn was in the 2nd grade she invited me to her "Special Person's" Day. What an honor! We spent the day hanging out doing different activities and afterward we drove out to Alpine to have lunch at Fazoli's. I can remember her being so sweet and a little quiet and not wanting me to go out for lunch if I was too busy.......thank God I wasn't,because it was great day and a great memory. I also can remember taking the paddle boat out to the middle of Bitely Lake and just jumping off, she made me feel like a kid again and I forgot for a second that I was a mom. But soon I jumped back into mom mode and made her put her life jacket on, which she did not want to, but did. She was always so adventurous and willing to get out there and do things that most girls her age wouldn't think to do. She was athletic and had a pretty strong arm on her for softball. I have some great memories, probably my favorite was when she was just 5 she came over to see my first born, her cousin Kaila. She sat there and just held that tiny baby for what seemed like forever, she started to hum a sweet little song to her, it was absolutely precious!
This is also my way of sharing with you all of the wonderful people that have helped to put together a Benefit we are having on April 27 to raise funds to start a scholarship in Daryn's memory and to keep her alive within us. It is amazing all that have come together to make it happen. I know that the scholarship in itself will not necessarily do wonders in healing the family, but the support of family, friends and the community will. It is tragic to lose a child so young, and there is really nothing but Faith in Jesus our Saviour that will truly get you through.
Thank you all for your support!

1 comment:

Acorn said...

thank you for creating all of these pages for us to look at. i love them all. honestly, i have no favorite. they are all super. great great job. thank you sooooo much!!!!

-Acorn-